International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2020: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression Observance, Victims of aggression meaning
Updated: Jun 09, 2020 17:45 IST
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression 2020: International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on June 4th every year to acknowledge the pain suffered by children all around the world who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse. Know all details about the International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression and Victims of Aggression meaning.
History of International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is an annual United Nations observance day on June 4th each year including 2019. The day was decided upon in August 1982 at a special assembly of the United Nations (UN), when member states recognized the significance of the impact of armed conflict on children and the need for action to be taken and awareness to be raised. The assembly adopted the 51/77 Resolution on the Rights of the Child, which was created out of already ongoing efforts to protect the rights of children in conflict. The impact of the war in Lebanon was the inspiration for this day.
Violence against children
- Societies spend up to US$ 7 trillion a year for the affected children, representing more than 1 billion children around the world.
- 50% of the children across the world experience violence every year.
- Somewhere in the world, every 5 minutes, a child is being killed by violence
- At least 1 in 10 children is sexually abused before 18 years of age.
- 9 in 10 children live in countries where physical punishment is not wholly prohibited, leaving 732 million children without legal protection.
- The worst thing is that any child can become a victim of online violence.
- Two hundred forty-six million children worldwide are affected by school-related violence every year.
- Their peers have bullied 1 in 3 students at school, and at least 1 in 10 children have experienced cyberbullying.
How to Observe International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression?
Many organizations hold events on this day to spread awareness of the need to protect children. Some communities hold events to raise awareness about the realities of violence against children.
- Donate to an organization that works to prevent child abuse and help abused children.
- Volunteer for a ministry or nonprofit organization that helps children in need.
- Think about becoming a foster parent.
- Organize or participate in a march that draws attention to violence against children.
- If you are a survivor of child abuse, share your story with others.
You can also spread awareness of this day on social media with #InternationalDayOfInnocentChildrenVictimsOfAggression.
Types of Child Abuse
Physical abuse is an injury caused to a child due to physical aggression. The injury may be the result of the beating, pushing, kicking, shaking, throwing, and burning with hot objects. Many children are physically abused by someone, and in most cases, it would be by someone close to them. Thousands of children die from such injuries. And for children who survive physical abuse, emotional scars are worse than the physical scars.
A child is said to be sexually abused when they are forced to involve in sexual activities. Worldwide, about 1.8 million children are victims of prostitution and pornography alone. Every year, around one million children fall prey to trafficking. Sexual abuse is never the child's fault. It is the full responsibility of the adult to not engage in sexual acts with children.
Emotional abuse is the most common type of child abuse. Often, children are sometimes emotionally abused by their parents, teachers, peers, or other adults in positions of power. It might happen without even the knowledge of the adult. A child suffering from emotional abuse expresses low self-esteem, a lack of social skills, and participation. Emotional abuse can have a far more long-lasting negative effect on children than any physical or sexual abuse.
Why Observe International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression?
The primary purpose of celebrating this day is to spread awareness about the pain and suffering faced by the victims as children.
- It makes society, individuals, and organizations aware of what the children are going through and what could be done to prevent them from suffering.
- Childhood is empowered to provide specialized assistance and care by trustworthy adults.
- The importance of a good environment for the child to get proper growth and develop his or her personality happily and with understanding.
- A child has the right to get mental and physical maturity guidance, special care, and legal protection before and after birth.
Children are the future of our Nation. If they face violence at a young age, then it will prevail during their entire life. Also, if children experienced abuse at a young age, they have high chances of getting involved in criminal activities as an adult. It's each of our duty to preserve children's rights and participate in campaigns, contests or other activities to spread awareness among people about child exploitation.
- TN epass for Tamilnadu
- xvideosxvideostudio.video editor pro.apkeo
- XhamsterVideoDownloader APK
- www.xnxvidvideocodecs.com American Express
- National Statistics Day
- World Asteroid Day
- World Music Day 2020
- World Diabetes Day
- World Sickle Cell Day 2020
- What 9 letter word is still a word riddle
- Emancipation Day
- Windrush day
- International Day of Yoga
- Autistic Pride Day
- World Hydrography Day
- Kannada Movie Download
- Penny Has 5 Children Riddle
- Hindi Movie Download
- I Turn Polar Bears White Riddle
- Telugu Movie Download
- Malayalam Movie Download
- International Picnic Day
- World Sauntering Day
- Corpus Christi
- Queen's Birthday
- World Brain Tumour Day
- Two Father and Two Sons Riddle
- How Can A Leopard Change Its Spots Riddle
- Mr Blue Lives in a Blue House Riddle