- Fresherslive »
- About »
- Telangana Formation Day 2020: Know facts about Telangana Formation Day 2020, History, quotes, Song on Telangana Formation Day
Telangana Formation Day 2020: Know facts about Telangana Formation Day 2020, History, quotes, Song on Telangana Formation Day
Updated: Jun 09, 2020 17:45 IST
Telangana Formation Day 2020: June 2 marks the occasion of Telangana Formation Day. It is a day that commemorates the people’s struggle for Independent statehood and usually sees the historic capital city, Hyderabad at its colorful best. Telangana Formation Day 2020 saw subdued cheeriness, in the background of a global pandemic, COVID-19. Know facts, significance, history about Telangana Formation Day.
Telangana Formation Day 2020
Telangana Day is celebrated on 2 June each year from 2014. The day marks the state's bifurcation from Andhra Pradesh. Telangana State Formation Day 2020 marks the sixth Telangana State Formation Day. It is the 29th state of India after the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act was passed in the Parliament.
Although it is the youngest state in the Indian subcontinent, Telangana traces its history back to the period of prehistory by way of excavations that evidenced the existence of an early human settlement. Telangana is a melting pot of vibrant languages, religions, peoples and cultures and it has created its own unique stamp in the fabric of Indian regionality.
Why is the Telangana Formation Day celebrated?
Telangana Formation Day is the day on which the State was formally inaugurated and welcomed into the fray of Indian states. It was the product of protracted struggle that broke out around the time of Independence when the Nizam of Hyderabad decided against joining the Union and chose to remain a princely state. It was later annexed by the Government and brought under the Indian Union’s purview, although it was resisted. The dissatisfaction of the people was due to the imposition of a rigorous cultural shift.
History of Telangana Formation Day
The six-year-old state boasts a history that spans over 2500 years as indicated by the presence of Megalithic structures like menhirs and dolmens. It is touted to have become a ‘vibrant social entity’ by the time of Buddha. Kondanna, the name of one of Buddha’s first five disciples is a typical name from Telangana and may have also led to the naming of the earliest known Buddhist township of Kondapur.
Subsequently, Telangana witnessed the emergence of mighty empires such as Satavahanas, Vakatakas, Ikshvakus, Vishnukundins, Chalukyas, Kakatiyas, Qutb Shahis, and Asif Jahis. This history is said to have faced the constant threat of erasure from the neighbouring Andhra region.
In the early 1950s, people of the Telangana region in Hyderabad state started organizing themselves with a demand for a separate state. It was followed by the Telangana Agitation of 1969 which culminated in the fast-unto-death by Sri Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao (KCR).
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act was introduced on 5 December 2013 in the Legislative Assembly of Andhra Pradesh. The Bill Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 was passed in the Parliament of India in February 2014. The bill was given assent by the President and published in the Gazette on 1 March 2014. On 2 June 2014, Telangana was formally declared a separate state by the Government of India.
Role of KCR
The incumbent Chief Minister, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao is an iconic figure in the Telangana Movement. In April 2001, he formed the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Party at Jala Drushyam, Hyderabad to achieve Telangana statehood. He started a fast-unto-death in November 2009, demanding the introduction of the Telangana Bill in the Indian Parliament. After 11 days of beginning his fast, the Central Government gave its assent to the recognition of Telangana as a separate state
Facts about Telangana:
Founded on: 2 June 2014
Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Chief Minister: K.Chandrashekar Rao
Telangana is bordered by:
- Maharashtra to the north
- Chhattisgarh and Karnataka to the west
- Andhra Pradesh to the south and east
The government has chosen certain State symbols that reflect the culture and tradition of the State. These are:
- The State Bird - Palapitta (Indian Roller or Blue Jay).
- The State Animal - Jinka (Deer).
- The State Tree - Jammi Chettu (Prosopis Cineraria).
- The State Flower - Tangedu (Tanner’s Cassia).
Three of these icons - Tangedu flowers, Blue Jay and Jammi Chettu - are associated with the popular festivals of Batukamma (floral festival) and Dasara. While Tangedu flowers are used in the stacking of Batukammas, spotting the Blue Jay on Dasara is considered a good omen and people worship Jammi Chettu on that day.
Telangana is famous for Qutb Shahi Tombs, Charminar, Golconda Fort, Chowmahalla Palace, Falaknuma Palace, and Bhongir Fort. These are some of the monuments in the state. Charminar was built in 1591 CE. It is a monument and mosque located in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
How is the Telangana Formation Day celebrated?
This year saw scaled-down celebrations of the Telangana Formation Day as the state is engaged in the national battle against SARS-COV2. Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao on Tuesday paid floral tributes to martyrs. The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and President, Ram Nath Kovind, amongst other political figures, extended their wishes to the state. The number of persons attending events was reduced and the parade by police and other departments was dispensed with. The state awards that recognized the citizens’ exemplary achievements in various fields were not given out this year due to the prevailing situation. This is in contrast to the tone of the 2019 celebrations when the Chief Minister declared in his address that Telangana was “marching ahead and progressing as a fruitful state”. However, there were no parades in 2019 either, due to the extended spell of the election code and a case of statewide heatwave.
The State sponsors events spanning four days. Telangana State Awards for exemplary contributions in different fields are presented during these days. The food, music, and dance of Telangana are highlighted through festivals organized by State and private institutions.
Telangana Formation Day is an occasion for the people to celebrate the unique history and identity of the land they inhabit and to remember all those who devoted their lives to the cause of separate statehood. The day is observed by hoisting of the flag and a ceremonial parade, alongside celebratory events across all districts.
On this special day, people sing new Telangana Formation Day Song, share wishes and Telangana Formation Day Images, and deliver Speech On Telangana Formation Day.
Telangana Formation Day Quotes & Wishes
- The root of Tyranny of Majority that Telangana is witnessing in India since 1956 and is expected to end in early 2014 - Venkat Gandhi
- Bifurcation divided us Into states but our culture and love unite us forever - Mouni
- What else can we have in India? Whatever the States may have or may not have, it is impossible and inconceivable and undesirable to think in any other terms but in terms of the Republic in India - Jawaharlal Nehru
- India is the cradle Of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grandmother Of tradition. Our most valuable & most constructive materials in the history Of man are treasured up in India only - Marj Twain
- Any human being has a fundamental right to fight for their rights, but that (own right) can not include anything that is fundamentally trying to deny others what is their fundamental right
- Greetings to all the people of Telangana and tribute to all who participated in the struggle and sacrificed their lives for the cause. May their soul rest in peace
- 1 Rabbit saw 9 Elephants Riddle
- National Statistics Day
- World Asteroid Day
- World Music Day 2020
- World Diabetes Day
- World Sickle Cell Day 2020
- What 9 letter word is still a word riddle
- Emancipation Day
- Windrush day
- International Day of Yoga
- Autistic Pride Day
- World Hydrography Day
- Kannada Movie Download
- Penny Has 5 Children Riddle
- Hindi Movie Download
- I Turn Polar Bears White Riddle
- Telugu Movie Download
- Malayalam Movie Download
- International Picnic Day
- World Sauntering Day
- Corpus Christi
- Queen's Birthday
- World Brain Tumour Day
- Two Father and Two Sons Riddle
- How Can A Leopard Change Its Spots Riddle